Burger Turns Fatal
New Delhi: The fun of participating in a chilli burger-eating competition turned out fatal for a student in the national capital, as he ended up in a hospital with a tear in his stomach. The student named Garv Gupta had participated in a contest organised by a restaurant in the national capital to see who eats the most number of chilli burgers in a single day, the Times of India report says. The boy swallowed down burger after burger without restraint, but later had to be rushed to the medics. After an endoscopy was conducted it was found that the inner lining of the stomach had burst and the torn area had to be removed through surgery, the Times of India said. While speaking to the paper, Doctor Deep Goyal said that too much consumption of chilli can have a direct effect on the lining in the stomach. These types of hazards are not so uncommon in the nation. Recently, in a bar a man drank liquid nitrogen only to end up in a hospital. Let it be a lesson to everyone not to get too overwhelmed with the plates and glasses, but think about one’s health.